Let York Fitness be your guide on your fitness journey. We’ve created this blog section on our website to give our valued customers heaps of tips & tricks; news and fun fitness stuff. Your ‘go to’ destination for everything fitness.
Let’s get active. Let’s get fit.
You’ve invested in a brand spanking new treadmill – from York Fitness ideally 😀 Congratulations on taking the first step of your fitness journey.
We understand people have busy work & life schedules which gets in the way of making the most out of your treadmill. So, if you’re short on time, but still want to achieve a workout that burns plenty of calories, here are a couple of quick and effective (and also fun!) workouts you can easily do on your treadmill.
1) 30 Second Sprint Intervals (Total treadmill time: 30 minutes):
• Set the treadmill at a 1% incline. Start by walking at an easy pace for one minute. Continue warming up with an easy jog for 5 minutes.
• Pick up the pace to a hard effort (heavy breathing) for 30 seconds. Recover with 90 seconds of easy jogging.
• Repeat the sprint/recovery intervals 9 more times (18 minutes total).
• Finish with a 4-minute cool-down at an easy pace – easy jog or brisk walk.
2) Calorie-Blasting Pyramid Workout (Total treadmill time: 30 minutes):
• This workout combines running and walking intervals and burns a ton of calories.
• Set the treadmill incline at 1% and start with a 3-minute warm-up of easy jogging or brisk walking. Then do the following intervals:
– 30-sec medium-paced running/30-sec walk
– 1-min medium-paced running/1-min walk
– 2-min medium-paced running/1-min walk
– 3-min medium-paced running/1-min walk
– 4-min medium-paced running/1-min walk
– 3-min hard running/1-min walk
– 2-min hard running/1-min walk
– 1-min hard running/1-min walk
– 30-sec hard running/30-sec walk
• Finish with a 2-minute cool-down of easy jogging or brisk walking.
Workout tips courtesy of verywellfit.com
Shopping for a new treadmill? Check out the York Fitness treadmill range.